- - Hyatt Place Greenville
- Full Time
PAH Management is currently seeking a Housekeeping Supervisor for our Hyatt Place in Greenville, SC.
PAH Management is a fast-growing unique company hospitality industry. We take pride in creating memorable experiences for our associates, guests, ownership and our communities. We care for people so they can be their best! Care is in the heart of what we do.
At PAH Management, a Housekeeping Supervisor is responsible for administering and coordinating housekeeping functions in assigned sections, as well as assuming all Housekeeping Manager functions in his/her absence.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Ensure that employees are at all times attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guests, managers and fellow employees.
- Inspect Room Attendant's work performance within assigned section on a daily basis to ensure the standards and productivity levels are being met and maintained.
- In the absence of the Housekeeping Manager or Assistant Housekeeping Manager, inspect all V.I.P. rooms and report their availability to the Front Office, according to hotel standards.
- Oversee the closing of the floors at the end of the day, ensuring the Room Attendants' carts are clean and restocked.
- Ensure records of daily assignments are completed, signed off and turned into the Housekeeping Office on time.
- Maintain key control.
- Handle items for "Lost and Found" according to the standards.
- Monitor cleanliness and orderliness of Room Attendants' carts, linen closets, control closets, stairways and landings.
- Oversee the daily assignment of duties, ensuring Room Attendants and House Attendants carry a work assignment.
- Carry an active pager/radio to maintain contact with the Front Office and/or Engineering throughout the shift.
- Report on progress of all out-of-order rooms under the Housekeeping Department's supervision to the Guest Services Manager, according to standards.
- Initiate work orders for repairs and maintenance and forward to Engineering. Follow through on each work order until completed.
- Assist with training of Housekeeping staff.
- Ensure completion of cleaning projects on a biannual basis.
- Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Two to three years of progressive experience in a hotel or related field preferred.
- College course work in related field helpful.
- Previous supervisory responsibility preferred.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with PAH Management Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes wearing the proper uniform and nametag.
- Comply with PAH Management Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and apply complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to cross-train in other hotel related areas
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
- Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to stand during entire shift.
PAH Management is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V)
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts