- - Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Myers
- Full Time
PAH Management is seeking a Chief Engineer for our Hampton Inn and Suites in Ft Myers, FL.
PAH Management is a fast-growing unique company hospitality industry. We take pride in creating memorable experiences for our associates, guests, ownership and our communities. We care for people so they can be their best! Care is at the heart of what we do.
At PAH Management, The Chief Engineer is responsible for all administrative, financial and operating aspects of the hotel as they directly relate to the engineering division. He/she is responsible for the safe and profitable operation of the hotel.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Supervise and train all Engineering staff in Customer Service, Empowerment, Standard Operating Procedures and Loss Prevention Standards.
- Create, approve and post all Engineering staff schedules according to PAH standards.
- Create and adhere to annual budget for department.
- Develop financial forecasts and actively participate in monthly profit/loss review meetings.
- Develop and implement plans to maintain property, equipment, grounds and other assets in an acceptable state of repair.
- Ensure the hotel is in compliance with all local, state and federal laws.
- Create and implement a preventative maintenance program for all hotel equipment.
- Ensure that all emergency and life safety equipment and systems are inspected, tested and certified per PAH standards.
- Ensure that room maintenance requests are handled in a prompt and courteous manner.
- Follow up on all alarms immediately to determine the exact location and cause. Determine emergency status and report findings to Front Desk. Take immediate action as necessary.
- Assist as necessary with special projects and renovations.
- Actively participate in energy conservation programs.
- Review all guest and meeting planner comment cards to ensure problems are identified and corrected in a timely manner.
- Ensure compliance with the Americans Disabilities Act (ADA).
- Administer all vendor contracts controlled by the engineering department.
- Support and participate in all PAH programs.
- Lead and participate in PAH Safety Committee.
- At least 5 years of progressive facilities management experience in a hotel or a related field; or a 4-year college degree and at least 1 year of related management experience; or a 2-year college degree and 3 or more years of related management experience.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Stationary Engineer's license if required by local code.
- HVAC, electrical, plumbing, boiler operations and general maintenance skills required.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all required meetings and trainings.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with PAH Management Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the company.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming.
- Comply with PAH Management Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and evaluate complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Long hours sometimes required.
- Light work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
PAH Management is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V)
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts