Front Desk Agent
- - DoubleTree Charlotte
- Full Time
We are currently hiring a Front Desk Agent at our DoubleTree Charlotte Airport location in Charlotte, NC.
Essential Job Functions
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Responsible for the Guest Services function of the Hotel: Promptly greet guests in a friendly and professional manner. Complete guest registration process, issue room keys, and provide hotel information and area attractions details and directions. Accurately process all cash and credit card transactions in accordance with established procedures. Balance all cash receipts and work performed during shift and perform a bucket check on shift, post all guest charges, complete cashier and other reports, preparing deposit, and counting/securing of assigned bank. Complete check-out procedures, compute bills, verify that the correct charges and credits are posted to the corresponding guest folio, collect payment and makes changes as required. May routinely reserve and confirm guest reservations for individuals and/or groups that are requested either by phone or from within the company; process cancellations, revisions, and information updates on changes. Provides quotes for room rates. Assist with house laundry and maintain public areas and back office organization.
• Maintain positive guest and associate relationships: Respond appropriately to guest inquiries and concerns to ensure total guest satisfaction. Resolve guest issues to resolution in effort to improve the guest experience and escalate any outstanding guest inquiries or concerns to management that may require additional monitoring or follow-up. Make appropriate service recovery recommendations. Promote team work and quality service through daily communications and coordination with other departments.
• Ensure compliance with: Internal Audit, Quality Assurance, Loss Prevention, Resort Operating Procedures, Guest Service Department Operating Procedures, and Standard Operating Procedures.
• Cultivate a "GREAT" Culture: Continuously exhibit the company's GREAT (Guest Service, Respect, Empowerment, Accountability and Teamwork philosophy. Provide meaningful experiences for our guest. Respect each other, our guest, our assets and our communities. Empower our associates to take initiative and make decisions. Deliver on your commitments and work together to exceed expectations.
• Performs other duties as needed.
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications
• High School diploma or equivalent
Knowledge and skills
• Organizational Skills.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Acquires job skills and learns company policies and procedures to complete routine tasks.
• Ability to read and comprehend routine instructions, short correspondence and memos.
• Ability to give high priority to customer service.
• Ability to solve problems with a minimum of supervision.
• Ability to read, write and understand English.
• Basic office skills helpful including basic math, proper cash handling procedures.
• Must maintain a professional appearance and a Can-Do, positive attitude towards all guests and staff.
• Ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment.
• Must be people oriented and able to work independently or with others as needed.
• Must be detail oriented.
• PC Skills and knowledge
• Ability to use basic office equipment including Fax, copier, printers
• Microsoft Office: Word, excel, outlook
• PMS knowledge a plus
• Must be able to easily and frequently change from one activity to another
• 1 year of guest services experience in a hospitality/hotel/resort environment and/or
• 1 year of customer service experience in service or retail environment