Cook- Charlotte Doubletree Airport Hotel
- - DoubleTree Charlotte
- Full Time
- Paid STD, LTD, 401K Match
PAH Management is a fast-growing unique company hospitality industry. We take pride in creating memorable experiences for our associates, guests, ownership and our communities. To learn more visit us at http://www.pahmanagement.com .
A Cook is responsible for preparing all food items, based on standardized recipes, for the Cafe, Room Service, Employee Cafeteria, and Banquets, while maintaining the highest standards to produce an appealing and appetizing product. He/she is also responsible for ensuring the cleanliness, sanitation, and safety in the kitchen and work areas while minimizing waste and maximizing cost/production ratio.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in a friendly, service-oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with company standards, as required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing the proper uniform and name tag when working (per brand standards).
- Comply at all times with company standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient operations.
- Comply with certification requirements as applicable to position to include Food Handlers, Safety, etc.
- Maintain a friendly and warm demeanor at all times.
- Have thorough knowledge of menus and the preparation required according to hotel standards.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of all storage areas.
- Complete necessary food and station preparations prior to opening of the Cafe in order to ensure that guests are served promptly and efficiently during the Café and Room Service operating hours.
- Prepare and display buffet food items according to company standards.
- Maintain post on kitchen line as required during the Café and Room Service operating hours in order to prepare food to order, maintaining the highest standards of efficiency, productivity and quality.
- Be able to operate and maintain cleanliness of all kitchen equipment.
- Maintain the "Clean As You Go" policy.
- Assist in storage and rotation of food items according to hotel procedures.
- Sign keys out and back in under supervision as needed.
- Attend meetings as required by management.
- Perform any other duties as requested by management.
Education & Experience:
- High School diploma or GED preferred.
- No prior experience is required, but is preferred.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds without
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
- Read and visually verify information in a variety of formats (e. g., small print).
- Grasp, turn, and manipulate objects of varying size and weight, requiring fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination.
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
PAH Management is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V)