- - DoubleTree Charlotte
- Part Time
We are seeking Shuttle Drivers for our DoubleTree Charlotte Airport location. If you are interested, please apply today!
Primary responsibilities include: driving guests to designated locations, assisting guests with luggage, maintaining vehicle cleanliness, and concierge duties. Van Drivers must have strong analytical and navigation skills with the ability to coordinate multiple pick-ups and drop-offs on a schedule under continuously changing circumstances. Drive the van according to scheduled van runs and/or as needed for guests, and accommodate guests during their stay in an attentive, courteous and efficient manner.
DUTIES & FUNCTIONS
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in a friendly, service oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with company standards, as required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing the proper uniform and name tag when working (per brand standards)
- Comply at all times with company standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Greet guests' in a pleasant manner.
- Load and unload luggage carts.
- Load and unload van with luggage.
- Escort guests to rooms upon request.
- Check/store luggage for arrivals and departures using luggage tags.
- Open and close cab doors for arriving and departing guests.
- Deliver messages to meeting rooms.
- Maintain current listing of local and area attractions, special events, and activities.
- Maintain list of local transportation guides, churches, sport arenas, etc.
- Provide information, maps, and directions as required.
- Ensure lobby reader board is correct.
- Maintain cleanliness of motor entrance, front door and lobby area.
- Deliver flowers, packages and messages to guest rooms.
- Complete room changes.
- Maintain cleanliness of van interior and exterior.
- Drive van as per scheduled runs.
Education & Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent required and/or experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
- Must have a valid driver's license for the applicable state.
- Minimum of 2 years' driving experience
- Must have an acceptable MVR (Motor Vehicle Driving Record)
- Long hours sometimes required.
- Heavy work - Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 50 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to stand during entire shift.
PAH Management is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V)