- - DoubleTree Charlotte
- Full Time
- Paid STD, LTD, 401K Match
We are looking for an upbeat & energetic Sales/Catering Coordinator to support our sales team! This position will focus on growing corporate meeting business, social events and catering services, contributing to revenue growth for the company.
PAH Management is a fast-growing unique company hospitality industry. We take pride in creating memorable experiences for our associates, guests, ownership and our communities. We care for people so they can be their best! Care is in the heart of what we do.
To learn more visit us at http://www.pahmanagment.com.
At PAH Management, the Sales Manager is responsible planning, soliciting, booking and coordinating group room sales to meet/exceed revenue/profit goals.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Solicit, negotiate and book new and repeat business through various efforts (outside sales calls, telemarketing, mailings, referrals, networking, etc.) to maximize room revenue to meet/exceed goals.
- Schedule property tours for prospective clients and handle walk-in event inquiries
- Notify/coordinate customer specifications with other departments and quickly, efficiently respond to customer issues, comments and problems to ensure a quality experience and enhance future sales prospects.
- Develop and distribute catering/banquet sales flyers and implement email marketing efforts to prospective clients.
- Develop and continually enhance relationships with key corporate, business and travel industry accounts to maintain and increase our market share.
- Maintain accurate, legible records and files to provide group history, ensure future and current quality service and enhance future prospects.
- Create event proposals and contracts using SalesPro software. Work closely with client to obtain/update all even details and ensure a successful event.
- Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned and participate in task forces and committees as requested.
- Create event proposals and contracts, using SalesPro software. Work closely with client to obtain/update all event details, to ensure a successful event
- Obtain (and enter) group blocks into the hotel property management system; enter rooming lists prior to reservation cut-off date, and coordinate with Guest Service Manager to make sure any special billing arrangements are entered into the OnQ system correctly.
- Greet clients prior to their event to make sure that they have everything they need for a successful event.
- Prepare a detailed invoice for client, following each event
- Follow-up with client after their event to obtain service feedback. Ask for repeat business or referral business. Send "thank you" email/note following each event.
- Coordinate participation in seasonal wedding vendor shows and attend industry-related meetings
- Order & maintain inventory of banquet linens
- Prepare BEO's for kitchen staff and host weekly BEO meeting for department heads. Work closely/communicate with kitchen & banquet staff to ensure successful events
- Prepare weekly group resume for department heads. Effectively communicate group needs with guest service staff and housekeeping staff
- Four-year college degree or equivalent education/experience
- One to two full years of employment in a related position with this company or other organization(s).
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with PAH Management's Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing nametags.
- Comply with PAH Management's Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and evaluate complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Local travel only.
- Light work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
- Must have valid driver's license for the applicable state.
PAH Management is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V)
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts